Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I failed, so: Gratitude!

I totally failed to keep posting in this and I think the problem is I didn't have a focused idea of what to write about. I wrote a couple things about relationships and one about writing. And although those things are important to me, I'm not sure I have enough to say on a meta-level about them to write every day.

So, until I figure out what the hell to write about, I'm going to use this as a gratitude meditation journal.

It's going to be really boring, because you'll see a lot of the same things every day. Oh well, some day my pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, will be, in every way perfect and allow me to write something riveting.

For now, gratitude:
  • An awesome home within an awesome intentional community
  • Being able to enjoy the fruits of many weekends of labor to redecorate with paint and wallpaper
  • An amazing girlfriend who meets my needs so very amazingly well
  • My family (the chosen kind): Adam, Imbri, G, Kelly, Molly, Joanna, Ping, Elaine, Mu, Paul, Kristy, Christa, Auros, and numerous others who make up my tribe.
  • A job I really love for the first time in a very long time. Having a boss who makes me deal with my weaknesses.
  • My health
  • A fantastic writing group
  • Writing that just keeps getting better
  • An almost-published poetry book

No comments:

Post a Comment